Octopus Hydrogen supplies Green Hydrogen; in doing so we are supporting the worldwide sustainable energy transition.
We are an owner-operator of Green Hydrogen production, storage, distribution and dispensing assets. We are building out our fleet in a distributed approach across the UK, strategically locating our fixed infrastructure to optimise for energy and distribution costs.
We run an in-house EPC capability responsible for delivering capital assets that underpin our business. Self-delivery in this manner enables full control over the project lifecycle and maximum efficiency in how we engineer, procure and construct.
Our offering is in demand and we are expanding our capability; if you are interested in becoming part of the Octopus Hydrogen story, please review the vacant role specification below; we welcome applications to join us at an exciting time in our growth.
The role of Project Engineer incorporates responsibilities across project management, technical and commercial disciplines.
Working towards specified capital project outcomes, Project Engineers play a central role in delivering engineering design, procurement and construction of Octopus Hydrogen capital assets.
The successful applicant will join the Octopus Hydrogen Engineering Function at a time when we are delivering 3no capital build projects; Horiba Mira Energy Hub, Cotswold Airport Generation Unit, and a 3rd undisclosed development in early planning / FEED phase.
Head of Development
Engineering designers, project managers, supplier commercial & contract managers, construction & commissioning managers, landlords, other project stakeholders, etc.
- Creation, management and presentation of project management data such as schedule estimates, stakeholder management plans, risk registers, document trackers, etc.
- Creation of specifications and purchase orders for contracted goods and services.
- Management of goods and services contracts.
- Attendance, record keeping and chairing of technical, commercial and project management meetings.
- Quality control of technical, commercial and project management data.
- Contribution to engineering design, technical specification and other pre-construction information as appropriate to qualifications and experience.
- Authoring of engineering design, technical specification and pre-construction information as appropriate to qualifications and experience.
- Development and management of quality processes and procedures as part of a quality management system.
- Contribute to the scaling of the Octopus Hydrogen Engineering functional capability in line with company aspirations.
Qualifications, experience & mindset:
- Education and experience in a STEM specialism.
- Education and experience in construction or manufacturing industries (with extra points for anything renewable energy-related!).
- A willingness to develop a technical understanding of Green Hydrogen infrastructure.
- Demonstrable aptitude in written and verbal communication.
- Preference to a varied workload.
- Preference to sole accountability and continued professional development.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Willingness to work both remotely and co-located.
- 37.5 hours per week with flexible working times subject to project needs.
- 25.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Employment contract based on a ‘working from home’ basis.
- Weekly working from home.
- Weekly co-working from locations in Cheshire or Greater Manchester (travel expenses paid).
- Monthly site and supplier office visits (nation-wide travel; some international travel; travel expenses paid).
Employment benefits included:
- £48-56k salary, dependent on the value you can add.
- Octopus Energy Hydrogen Ltd shares, dependent on the value you can add.
- Funding and guidance regarding CPD.
- Opportunity to dictate career direction.
- A chance to join the Octopus Hydrogen story in its early stages.
Start of application reviews: 8th August
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that minority groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Octopus Hydrogen we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic organisation. If you’re excited about this opportunity but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the role specification, we encourage you to apply in any case. You may be just the right fit for Octopus Hydrogen.