At Octopus Hydrogen we're creating a distributed hydrogen generation and supply network. Our plan is to supply 100% green hydrogen to operators of vehicles where batteries and electrification aren't viable options, such as HGVs, planes, and buses. This isn’t limited to a UK opportunity, this is a global challenge that needs to be solved.
We’re developing innovative technology to monitor, plan and optimise the end-to-end hydrogen supply chain to minimise the costs of green hydrogen and provide industry leading customer service. Developing this technology is an ambitious project, so we’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated software engineer who is interested in getting involved with a wide range of technologies, from deploying IIoT devices all the way through to data visualisations.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Be proactive in researching and identifying solutions to novel problems.
- Design and implement business-critical systems that are well tested, highly secure, scalable, and reliable.
- Work with equipment suppliers to establish strategies for systems integration.
- Own the delivery of features across the entire technology stack.
- Take ownership of the systems you’re involved in creating by responding to incidents, diagnosing issues, and implementing fixes as soon as possible.
- Be involved in building a team and charting a technical direction.
- Mentor and develop the skills of others around you, creating opportunities for progression.
You may be a fit if you:
- Have a strong technical background with experience in software engineering and systems architecture.
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and working with others as part of a cross-functional team.
- Are intellectually curious, and a great problem solver.
- Are a technologist who can turn their hand to new languages and software solutions.
- Have developed cloud-based data processing pipelines, ideally using AWS.
- Avoid over-engineering solutions and look to implement the simplest solution that meets the requirements.
- Are comfortable creating CI/CD pipelines and debugging issues when your deployments fail.
- Have implemented infrastructure-as-code to safely manage your infrastructure and to help you recover from disasters quickly.
- Are honest and own your mistakes.
Don't worry if you don't meet all of the criteria we've listed here. We'd still like to hear from you.
What we’re offering:
- A competitive salary of between 65 and 80K depending on experience.
- Share options in the business.
- The chance to learn and work with cutting-edge technologies.
- Remote working from within the UK. You will need to be able to visit our Bristol office every now and then.
- Flexible working hours.
- The opportunity to help decarbonise transport.
- SmartPension Scheme - employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more.